The mission of Arts for Learning Connecticut is to inspire young people and expand their learning through the arts.
Access for All
We believe that every child deserves the right to an education that fosters their creativity and allows them to experience and explore the arts. As an inclusive organization, Arts for Learning CT’s goal is to bring high-quality, arts-integrated instruction that is accessible, supportive, and welcoming to children of all backgrounds and abilities into the classroom.
As a not-for-profit 501(c)3 organization, Arts for Learning Connecticut raises over $200,000 each year to support thousands of under-served children to experience the joy of performance, connect with professional artists, and see brilliant sparks of possibility.
Arts integration is a valuable tool for reaching multiple learning styles across the curriculum and is linked to enhanced academic outcomes and social/emotional development for children, including those with special needs.
Many of our artists are trained in Universal Design for Learning (UDL), which is an educational framework based on research in the learning sciences, including cognitive neuroscience, that guides the development of flexible learning environments that can accommodate individual learning differences.
- We match high quality artists in every discipline with school and community events
- We have enjoyed over 40 years of community engagement
- For Schools, we provide arts programming that connects directly to curriculum
- For the Community, we provide Creative Arts Learning programs for Boys & Girls Clubs, Girl and Boy Scouts, Community Centers and Libraries
- We provide Teacher Professional Development that connects the arts to classroom learning
We envision a future in which all young people in Connecticut engage in quality arts learning in their schools and communities that nurtures creativity, promotes cultural awareness, and cultivates critical thinking and learning skills. We envision a future in which Arts for Learning CT and our artists, partners, and supporters work in strategic partnerships to reach shared goals for young people and our state.
At Arts for Learning Connecticut, we value:
- The inherent power of creativity and authentic self-expression
- The evolving tradition of teaching and learning
- The strength of respectful partnership and creative collaboration
- The capacity for all young people to learn and grow
- The imperative for diversity, equity, and inclusion across race, gender, ethnicity, ability, and sexuality
- The essential need for the arts, humanities, and the broad expression of culture
- Wonder, imagination, and the magic of childhood
- Integrity, respect, and professionalism
- Leadership and accountability